Intake Process & Referral Form
New Roads Therapeutic Recovery Community (TRC) is a positive, peer-led treatment environment that encourages appropriate behaviour through reinforcement and accountability. The practice and rehearsal of appropriate social interaction and interpersonal skills within a safe, supportive atmosphere allows residents to discover new attitudes, values, and ultimately a new way of life.
- Males who are 19 years of age or older
- Voluntary admission
- Moderate to Severe Substance Use
- Highly motivated to make a positive change in their life, committing to a minimum 9 months and maximum of 24 months of treatment
- Able to participate in the TRC Program, (i.e., psychiatrically stable, cognitively able to participate in group therapy, education sessions, and work as therapy)
- Priority will be given to individuals with Medium to High interaction with the Criminal Justice System and a history of homelessness
- You’ve read the Therapeutic Recovery Community Resident Handbook (pdf)
We accept referrals through the following sources
- Corrections upon release from custody,
- Through the Victoria Integrated Court and other Court
- Through Island Health
- Community organizations (such as Our Place)
The referral process is as follows
- Intake/Discharge Coordinator will receive a referral form.
- Intake/Discharge Coordinator will make an appointment to conduct a screening and assessment to determine treatment readiness.
- After the screening and intake assessment, the Intake/Discharge Coordinator will consult with the New Roads TRC Clinical team. The Intake and Discharge Coordinator will contact the referral source to let them know the outcome of the screening.
- New Roads TRC staff will pick the client up directly from the site where they were referred (i.e., VIRCC, Island Health, or other arrangement as discussed with Intake Coordinator).
Please note: All applicants need to be detoxed prior to intake. Intake/Discharge Coordinator will assist applicant with referral to Detox.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Intake/Discharge Coordinator with the Therapeutic Recovery Community.